Thursday, May 14, 2009

Destination Seattle

I spray-tanned (cut me a little slack; it's mid-May and we haven't had a single day of sun) and whitened my teeth, and I'm off to the SCBWI Western Washington Writers' Conference.

Among my packed clothes are some papers to finish grading, a yoga mat, running shoes, and a cute picture of my kids.

I'm milking, having lunch first with my Auntie Mary at Evergreen Indian in Eugene. Then I'm meeting my sister, Brigit, and our two brothers, Daniel and Steven, in Portland for some Voodoo Donuts and a walk along the waterfront.

Tomorrow near Seattle, I get to see one of my best friends from high school, Kristen.

Then it's Conference Time!

It'll all be fun, I know, and I'll learn a ton. But while I'm gone, I'm missing the kids' year-end music program at school, Daney's soccer game, the annual planting of our garden, some fishing, and watching my kids knuckle down on bargainers at the neighborhood garage sale.

"What will I do without you?" Reesie asked me last night. "How will I live?"

For the billionth time since having kids, I can't believe there's love like that. Even for a mom with a streaky spray-tan.

2 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

"How will I live?" I love that=)

Jennie Englund said...

Hey Sarah,

I know, right?

Serious true love!