Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finding Nemo's Lovely Bones

Last year at the fab SCBWI Conference, Delacorte editor Krista Marino plugged pitches that marry one existing title with another. Like ___ Meets ___.

This year, HarperCollins hottie Jordan Brown reinforced the same thing.

I couldn't think of anything last year to apply to my WIP. But this year, it totally came to me.

Drain is "Finding Nemo" meets The Lovely Bones.

I know...that's pretty out there.

But "risk," right. The thing we heard over and over and over again.

(The picture is an ANGEL fish. Get it???)

4 comments:

anjie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anjie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guinevere said...

That's crazy but I love it... it's so different. It makes me want to ask, "Okay... how? Tell me about your book!"

Elana Johnson said...

Interesting. The problem with ____ meets _____ is that you have to know what both of the _____'s are. That's my only issue with it.