Thursday, April 8, 2010

To Washington!

Tomorrow, I'm leaving my good husband and our three babies, and our town that's just beginning to bloom with blossoms and tourists. I'm going to Seattle, or near it anyway, with my friend and talented writing partner, Anjie.

We're all signed up for SCBWI Western Washington Conference.

Here's what I'm hoping: I'm hoping to learn, to be inspired, to be a better writer. Stronger. With more depth. With a fresh perspective. Descriptive.

I'm taking along tuna. To increase my attention span. And to hold me over between those fabulous chocolate chip cookies (if, fingers crossed, they have them like last year.)

I'm taking my running shoes, too. In case I need some fresh air. Which I will.

Oh, and pens. Lots and lots of pens.

3 comments:

Kim Baker said...

Yay, Jennie! I'm glad you're coming. Happy travels, and we'll see you tomorrow!

Elana Johnson said...

Ahhh! This sounds like so much fun! Take good notes, and have a great time. I'm so jealous!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, how I wish I could be with you! I have an award for you today, though, instead. :-)