I'm a day or two away from sending my revision back to an editor. I love the suggestions he had given me, even if they were pretty tough to pull off.
Here's what got me through shrinking 55,000 words down to 40K, while flushing out characters and motivation, backstory and arc:
* faith. That what he told me to do was brilliant.
* hope. That I did what I was supposed to do. That he'll like it.
* long walks.
* days when I didn't work but when the kids were in school.
* a serious love of my character.
* a planned week in Tahoe, following re-submission.
All that. Plus some serious caffeine.
FALL 2015 TOUR
1 year ago