Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Free Time

Now that my manuscripts are circling the universe, I have time, free time! I feel like a second grader again, like I've finished my math and can choose something to do until the rest of the class finishes.

Okay, math might be a bad example. Because unlike math, I love writing. It's weird, though, not thinking about writing the next scene, or revising the conclusion, and although my kids have begged me not to write any more (and although I really am considering that), a few tiny ideas are swirling around my head.

For now, though, I'm just letting them swirl. While I:

* walk/run/hike/swim
* do yoga
* read to the kids
* listen to the kids read to me
* sip Noble coffee at early morning swim lessons
* pick blueberries
* pet-sit
* cook complicated, delicious vegetarian meals for Rees and Daney, who often get the food shaft because of the high-profile carnivores around here
* hang out with the girls
* go to plays
* go to the dentist
* go to the movies

Wow! When there's no writing, there sure is a lot of living!

2 comments:

Christy Raedeke said...

We missed you last night at writing!

Jennie Englund said...

I know. Summer...

Did you bring down the roof at Starbucks anyway??