Friday, July 10, 2009

New Hobby: Continuity

At writing group the other night, Christy talked about the edits her continuity editor had suggested.

Since I'm so new to the bizz, I had no idea what that was.

So I Googled it.

And, wow! Continuity is cool!

I found out that "The Wizard of Oz" movie had over 170 continuity mistakes. But still, much less than I'll probably have. If I make it that far.

And NPR has a fascinating interview with a Harry Potter continuity editor, who admits to a mistake involving toilets.

It's funny, though, my man has been quite the unofficial continuity editor for some time. He was the one who showed me the huge then diminutive plate of nachos in "Napolean Dynamite," among other fun things.

My eyes are open now. I'm going to be watching...

4 comments:

BJW said...

This is great!

I loved all of these movies/books. Some people hated Napoleon Dynamite for whatever reason. I was not such a person.

Thanks!

Jennie Englund said...

Don't you feel sorry for folks who didn't like Napolean?

I mean, gimme your tots!

Kjersten said...

I felt sorry for those who didn't like Napolean -- they missed out on some laughs!

This is the perfect post for me to read this morning. It's exactly what I'm working on today with a drawing I "finished" last week and then noticed about 10 continuity issues. Great post!

Jennie Englund said...

Kjersten, I never thought about continuity issues in artwork.
Would love to know more about that...

Hope it all came out great!